Saturday, December 10, 2011

Why Am I Doing This??

Okay. So you've gotten through you first few weeks of working out. Finals are around the corner, Christmas is coming, and same with those lazy days. So this blog is my motivation for you, and so you can better understand where I'm coming from.
What people don't understand, is how hard everyone is on themselves and even each other. Guys are hard on girls, girls are hard on guys, people are hard on themselves. It's a vicious cycle of judgement and it can end badly for many people. I know numerous girls that have had unhealthy eating habits because of poor self esteem or from being criticized for their body or what they eat by others. 

Hell, I even went through this. There was a point where all I wanted to do was have the same body as the girls standing next to me: Long legs, small waist, toned legs. All of which I've never had. I wanted it so badly and ended up being unhealthy in the end. This is when I decided I needed to get my dream body, the healthy way. I needed to tackle work outs and "dieting" in a healthy manor. And that is what I continue to do today. I've learned that exercise is a healthy habit that helps your everyday emotions and lives. Work outs may not be easy but I've found the outcome to be so worth it.
It has taken me a year of ZERO fast food, and 8 months of intensive work outs to get my body to where it is now. It didn't happen overnight. It didn't happen in a month. It happened with hard work and determination to get to the gym at least 5 days a week for 30 minutes-2 hours every time I went. Even now, I'm running a 28 minute 5k, when it used to be a 12 minute mile. I cannot stress how important it is turn this into a habit instead of a "when it's convenient". The last thing I want is for self disappointment.

I urge you to make small attainable goals that you can achieve within a few weeks, and move those goals up as you progress. I want every one of you to succeed in your health endeavors. 
This picture above couldn't get it more right. I work as hard as I do today to be able to do things others can't tomorrow. I want you to have the same thoughts. You are an amazing person, with amazing abilities. Let them shine, let them grow. Be confident and keep working. You will get there. All of that hard work will show off, in every aspect of your life. You can do it. 
The hardest part is starting, and sticking with it. Set a goal to do a physical activity at least three times a week, and if you do more, even better. Good luck with this upcoming week. I know it's going to be stressful for everyone seeing that finals, christmas, and shopping is coming up! Keep up the great work.


No comments:

Post a Comment