Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Who Else Thinks Working Out is Well... Boring?

Yes! Even I think working out can be boring. There are days where I'm running and I'm just like, there are so many better things I could be doing then running on a moving belt for a half hour.

My solution?
Music! Pandora is my best friend during my work outs. When I have something I can jam to, it takes my mind off of how much time I'm actually spending on my work outs. In fact, I can't run without music, I end up going WAY slower give up WAY too easily. If you're smart phone or iPod can't access Pandora, create your own mix to listen to during your work out. (I find shuffle helps out a lot too)
           Pandora Stations that get me amped:
                    -Gold Dust Radio (Remix by Bassnectar)
                    -Dirty Talk Radio (It's not as profane as it sounds!)
                    - And depending on my mood, A little Fast paced country action.
BUT! What you listen to is up to you.

Other solutions?
Mix up your work out! I will always try to keep these work outs different day to day. Doing the same lifts over and over again gets so boring, and that's where your muscles end up planteauing (we'll go into detail about that one later). Mixing up your work outs also confuse your muscles and that alone will get them even more amped work out to work out. Trainers say muscle confusion is one of the best ways to work out!

Finally!
Mix up your cardio. Run outside, do sprints instead of endurance, Swim, cycle outside, use a rowing machine (Actually, one of the best cardio/full body work out you can do!). Challenge yourself to try something new maybe once a week. Get out of that regular pattern and mix it up. I guarantee you it'll make your  work out more fun, and challenge new muscle in your bodies.



My Work Out 11/29/11
Cardio: Run medium pace 25 minutes
Lift: light weight, 5 sets, 20 step ups, 15 rows, 10 side lunges (per leg)
        Challenge!!!!! try to complete this as fast as you can! (my last record was 10 minutes!)


Tomorrow's work out FOR YOU!
Level One: Lift: Whenever you find yourself standing around, do 10 calf raises (You'll surprise yourself on how many you actually do!)
      Cardio: Break

Level Two:
        Cardio: Cycle 20 minutes slow pace, every 3 minutes accelerate to fast pace for 2 minutes
        Lift: Same as mine without weights! Take 1 minute break between each set

Level Three:
        Cardio: Walk 50 seconds, sprint for 10 seconds. Do this for 16 minutes
         Lift: 5 minutes of consecutive abs
                 Hint: Crunches for 1 min., plank 1 minute, leg "throwdown" 1 min, full body sit up 1 min., Sit in crunch position lift head and reach side to side to touch shoe for 1 min.

Level Four:
        Try out my work out!!! :]



How's it going so far everyone? Have any questions so far? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment