Monday, November 28, 2011

Everyone Can Be Healthy

So I've officially decided to dedicate this blog to motivating people of all ages to exercise, be healthy, and be comfortable in their bodies. I'll be offering different exercises for all levels, as well as motivating quotes and hopefully be able to answer any questions to my followers!


Everyone asks me "Alaina, how are you so healthy all the time?" My answer, it's a habit. I never religiously worked out and had a healthy diet before 2011. I was never super happy with how I "looked", but once my dad started me on my work out programs I realized it wasn't exactly all about the numbers on the scale.

1st Word of Advice: Set a small goal for yourself. Like, do 30 minutes of cardio 3 days a week, no matter what that cardio looks like: Walking, running, cycling, swimming, hiking, dancing, work out video, yoga, ect.

My first goal was no more fast food (With the exception of Chipotle, Qudoba, Jimmy John's--But even then it had to be healthy choices)

This first goal progressed into routine work outs, and then developed into a healthy diet to go along with.

Just so we're all on the same page, I try to work out 6-7 days a week. Each work out lasting about 30 minutes- 2 hours. This includes Cardio and Lifting as well. BUT! You DO NOT! I repeat DO NOT need to get on this level in order to be healthy. You NEED to take this at your own pace, in a way that your body and habits can form naturally. You can do it!

What are your first goals? What do you want to accomplish and by when? Let me know!!!!!


My work out 11/28/11:
Cycle 40 minutes
Lift: 3 Sets (medium weight)- 6 reps Dead lift, 3 pull-ups, 6 reps bench, 6 reps front squat
5 minutes of abs


Tomorrow's Work Out:
Level One: Walk outside or on Treadmill for 20 minutes

Level Two: Run/Jog 1 mile OR Cycle medium intensity for 20 minutes
*Lift: 3 sets- 5 Lunges per leg, 8 push ups (You can put your knees down if needed), 10 calf raises

Level Three: Run/Jog 15 minutes (Pick your pace), Cycle for 15 (pick your pace)
Lift: 3 sets (light weight), 10 woodchop, 10 row, 10 (per leg) Lunges with Weight

Level Four: Use my work out from today! :]

*Work out Language!
          Set= A group of repetitions performed for different exercises. Complete the exercises given, and repeat 2 more times!
          Rep= Repetition, How many times you perform the exercise in the set

If you don't know hot to perform a lift, YouTube is always the answer! Search for Deadlift Video/ Demonstration. Many people post videos on how to keep correct form so you won't hurt yourself during your work out.


Happy work outs everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment